Monday 4 February 2008

Fun with the "ban hammer" and building

I've been practising my building skills lately. Building the perfect lot is harder than you think. There are so many things you need to take into consideration. First you need a theme, without some idea what you are doing you will end up with a stupid mess. You also need to consider what you need to build before you build it or you'll come unstuck, for example if you decide you want a basement after you've build your house..... well forget it. You need to add foundations to the basement so you don't have a big gaping hole between it and the ground, and then your house goes on top of the foundation. I learned that the hard way >.> I also made good use of a tool called the "sledgehammer tool" but for some reason I keep calling it the ban hammer. Don't know why. I have had plenty of reasons to dismantle whole building and start again. I'm getting there though. My first lot was meant as a tester, a learning tool maybe. Thing is, I'm so proud of what I have achieved that I might actually use it in my project. The idea was that one of the main characters lives in a basement under a book shop. All around him are various shops and interesting little places. There are big towers connected by a bridge that serve as a cultural hot spot (it will soon house all of this characters painting which are in the custom paintings folder by Minami Ozaki and there will be a ballroom, a concert room and other places of interest). Underneath the towers are some tombs with coffins that can be slept in. I'm not sure what the shops will be yet. My only worry is that my pathetic laptop won't be able to cope with the strain of running such a large lot. I will have to see how it goes, I may need to get a better computer at some point. I'll update you all with pics of my new lot a bit later when I have finished.

I have also become aware that in one of my previous posts I said that there would be one main hood and three sub hoods. OK I admit it, I was wrong. There are four. I forgot the Uni hood. I can't find a place for it in my story right now so I'll leave that one out for the moment. I'll come back to it if I find a reason to have one.

With any luck I'll have some sims to show you next time ^^

No comments: